Sunday, April 13, 2008

Painfully beautiful



It's not hyperbole to say that cherry blossoms are painfully beautiful. Looking at them makes my head hurt.

I don't think my brain is wired to process this much beauty. It's not enough that Vancouver put snow-capped mountains, forest-filtered air and sandy beaches at my doorstep. They just had to throw cherry blossoms into the mix too. Ouch. My eyes.

Unfortunately, there's no way to avoid a beauty-induced headache these days. Cherry blossoms are everywhere. You can't walk more than 50 feet without passing a cherry tree in full bloom.

I can't even walk out my front door without being bombarded by cherry blossoms. I took these pictures in the park across the street from my apartment. I lasted only 20 minutes before I had to retreat back inside. Any longer and my head would have exploded.







No comments: