Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ever wonder what your former high school classmates are up to?

Okay. I admit it. I sometimes google the names of my former high school classmates to find out what they’re up to now. I’m not a stalker. I’m just curious about what the people I spent five of my formative years with are doing with their lives.

Well, this week there was an article in the Toronto Star about a former high school classmate of mine by the name of Rami Tabello. It turns out Rami’s fight against illegal street signs has made him something of a local celebrity. I didn’t know Rami that well back in high school but I loved this quote from the Star article:

Self-employed, he calls himself a "professional speculator. I play the stock market and bet on horses for a living but I don't consider it gambling. I take advantage of inefficiencies in the betting market on horses. It's a systematic financial approach."

Awesome.

No comments: