Sunday, June 04, 2006

iPissed

I’ve always been a bit of a technophobe. I don’t have a cell phone. I’ve never owned a car. I held off on buying a DVD player until the video store stopped renting videos.

It’s not that I don’t like new technology, I just hate the way it’s forced upon us.

That's why I never wanted an iPod. I resented the way iPod ownership was a fact of life. The last thing I wanted was to become another iPerson walking around with white headphones stuck in my ears.

But I finally broke down this week and bought myself a sleek, black iPod nano. I’ve secretly wanted one for months. It’s so futuristic and shiny and exciting.

Unfortunately, it’s also a major pain in the ass. It turns out I don’t have a new enough version of Windows needed to run the thing. So my shiny new toy has been sitting on my coffee table for the past three days, tormenting me. Stupid technology!

I had planned my whole weekend around this thing. I was going to download all of my favourite CDs onto the nano and then go for a long walk. I was going to buy that one R. Kelly song I liked but never really liked enough to justify buying the whole album.

Sigh.

If I want to use my nano, I have to buy a new computer. See what I mean about technology being forced upon us? It's a vicious circle.

I guess I'll be kicking it old school with my CD Walkman for a little while longer.

No comments: